Why Do I Need a Sinkhole Lawyer?
In Florida, sinkholes can be extremely dangerous. It’s a serious matter if you’re a victim of a sinkhole on your property; they never get better and only get worse. Sinkholes on private property are the responsibility of the property owner. In some cases the owner’s property insurance may cover evaluation and repair of the sinkhole. Actual coverage may vary according to circumstances and insurance company policy.
If you’re a sinkhole victim, in addition to being disruptive to your life, you will be confronted with questions, tests and expenses. Negotiating a sinkhole claim on your own is difficult at best and outright impossible at worst. Hiring a sinkhole attorney can help you survive these disruptions, because whether it's a question, a concern, or an uncertainty, Marshall Thomas, P.L. has a network of resources and is here just for you. We’ll save you some aggravation and make your life a little easier.
- If your claim is denied because sinkhole activity is not found, we will have our experts review the data to ensure proper testing was conducted. If sinkhole activity is confirmed, we ensure you are fully compensated for your loss.
- If you have already filed a sinkhole claim and your insurance company has confirmed the presence of sinkhole activity, a sinkhole attorney can still help to ensure your rights are protected.
- A sinkhole lawyer will work diligently to ensure that you receive settlements allowing you to complete structurally sound repairs.
- After the resolution of a sinkhole claim, a sinkhole attorney will continue to advocate your interests long after your claim is technically settled.
- As a client of a sinkhole lawyer, you will be assisted with the sale of your home after the conclusion of your claim. Marshall Thomas, P.L. is able to recommend several reputable companies that engage in the purchase of sinkhole properties.
- If you decide to repair your home, Marshall Thomas, P.L. assists in selecting only the most respected repair companies and is happy to review any repair contracts or documents on their clients’ behalf.